Saturday, March 13, 2010

STAY GOLD: RIP Corey Haim

This blog posting is dedicated to the actor Corey Haim, who sadly passed away earlier this week. 
I have 2 older sisters who were teenagers in the 80's, and like EVERYONE else, they had immense crushes on the sweet, sweet boy.  Posters of him covered their bedroom walls.

Corey was in films like the Lost Boys, Lucas and Licence to Drive.

Not only was he a beautiful face, but he was an actor with talent. 

One day, my sister and I met him in downtown Toronto a couple of years back.  My sister could not help but go and speak to him.  They developed a relationship and maintained a beautiful friendship as well.

It comes with great shock and saddness to hear this news about a man who was on the right track again, hopeful for the future that laid ahead of him.

Corey called my sister a couple of days before his death.  He called to tell her what was new with him and updated her about all the great things planned for this year.

I'm writing this blog because I feel as though in some places in the media he was spoken of incorrectly and did not give him justice or respect deserved, after all a fellow human being has died.

Corey Haim was a son, a brother, a friend....  We will miss you and we love you Corey!




"For now I would be lying down in peace; I would be asleep and at rest"

No comments:

Post a Comment